LA Tri Club Email Guidelines:
Before posting any Email to the LA Tri Club please read the below guidelines:
To ensure an efficient, fair, and informative system the Club has instituted the following rules for all LA Tri Club email. However, keep in mind that all email must be from current club members and that no outside solicitation or announcements from non-members will be accepted. Furthermore, acceptance of all email is subject to approval from the Club's email moderators and the LA Tri Club Advisory Board. Please be aware, emails may take anywhere from 24-48 hours to distribute depending on the day/time you send and when the moderators last checked the club queue.
- Please include your first and last name and remove all automatic signatures, except Club Sponsors, Affiliates, or Board Members.
- Please submit emails in PLAIN TEXT format only and clean-up your email (i.e.: remove all > and any other symbol etc.) before submitting.
- Please do not include attachments.
Email Content - General
- All emails to the Club's "General" email list must be related to triathlon or Club functions (except the sub list called "Catch-all". See below).
- Please respect the time of the volunteer moderators who review all outbound emails and keep your workout announcement short and to the point.
- Please do not include links to product or service providers that are competitive with the LA Tri Club, or the Club's Sponsors and Affiliates, as outlined on the Discounts page.
Email Content - Special Offers and Discounts
- Offers for triathlon related goods and services will only be accepted from Club Sponsors and Affiliates, as outlined on the Discounts page. If you are unsure about your announcement, please submit it to email@example.com and your email will be reviewed. If you know someone who is interested in sponsoring the LA Tri Club, please contact LA Tri Club Managing Director, Liz Hamm.
- Please submit all Race Discount emails to LA Tri Club Race Manager, Liana Lehua, for approval.
Email Content - Solicitations
- Please submit all solicitations for training camps, clinics, workshops, and other for-pay services that are offered at a discount to LA Tri Club members, to LA Tri Club Head Coach, Ian Murray.
- Please submit all solicitations for Race Volunteers to Liz Hamm.
- Solicitations on behalf of charitable organizations will be sent out to the club's subscriber option charity email list.
- Please submit all "For Sale", "Help Wanted", "Situation Wanted", etc. items to the Club's "Classified" section only. Time sensitive race entries that are permitted by the Race Director to be transferred (i.e. Santa Barbara) may be solicited via the e-mail system with a limit of one announcement per member for each race entry.
- Please submit your emails with the understanding that it might take at least 24 hours (and sometimes, although not often, as much as 48) for its release to the club. Hence, plan accordingly and transmit all announcements as soon as possible. Please, do not contact the moderators directly, via phone or other means, to ask them to approve your email.
- Please respect the time of the volunteer moderators who review all outbound emails and submit "Race Reports" or any creative and/or informative writings to the "Library" section only. Emails summarizing Race Reports and directing members to the library to read them are encouraged.
- Please only submit emails that are intended to be seen by the membership at large. Emails addressed to individual members will be rejected.
- Abuse of the email system or harassment of the moderators will result in losing your email privileges; remember, they are volunteers with jobs, families, and training schedules…just like you.
Please consider volunteering to be a LA Tri Club email moderator. For more information, email Liz Hamm.
1. Go to the LATRICLUB website.
2. Go to the Members page.
3. Under My Profile, click on Email Preferences.
4. Make sure your email address is correct; add a second email address if you like (Note: The second address will not receive copies of club emails, it only allows you to SEND emails from that second address because all incoming emails are screened to make sure they come from members' addresses)
5. Choose the Message Delivery option you wish -- individual emails as they come, a single daily digest of emails, or no emails at all. Please remember that email is the primary communication tool of the Club and its members; electing none may result in you not receiving important club info.
6. Choose whether you wish to receive General emails from all members or just board members.
7. Choose whether you want, in ADDITION to General club emails, to be part of topic specific groups which circulate emails regarding that topic among themselves -- at this juncture we have email special groups for Ironman related activities, triathlete parents, beginner training, gay/lesbian, and one "catch all" group.
8. Finally, be sure to click the Update Profile button at the bottom of the page when you are finished.
Email Archives: You can read and search through all former messages in our Email Archive.
In addition to the General email list which reaches all members, the Club has set up several sublists to which members may subscribe. These lists communicate information on specific topics.
At present, the Club offers the following sublists:
The newbies@ email list is for people who are new to LA Tri Club. You might be new to triathlon or already a superb athlete...either way the Newbies list is designed to help you get the MOST out of your membership with LATC. We'll highlight newbie-friendly workouts, races, social events, camps, clinics...everything you need to enjoy the vast array of opportunities within the club.
The purpose of this email list is to enable members, who are interested in Ironman distance triathlons, to communicate with one another. Discuss anything Ironman related, from signing up, training plans, race accommodations, race courses, to nutrition plans, in much more detail here than you could in our general purpose email list. firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this list is to allow members of the TriParent Network to more easily communicate with one another. It will also serve as a means to share resources, plan workouts and network regarding racing, training and the needs of triathletes with kids. email@example.com
The purpose of this list is to allow the ladies of the LA Tri Club to communicate about triathlon and women specific, athletic, related topics. firstname.lastname@example.org
Members who'd like to promote a personal charity interest and Charities may send promotional messages to our email@example.com elist.
The purpose of this list is to allow gay and lesbian members to communicate about triathlon and related topics. firstname.lastname@example.org
This sublist will include all other Tri Club related emails that benefit members such as athlete-related casting calls, job opportunities, athlete-related special events, etc. email@example.com
AR / Adventure Racing:
The purpose of this list is to allow members interested in Adventure Racing to connect directly on this topic. firstname.lastname@example.org
Email solicitations submitted to the Catch-All sublist (ie: rooms for rent, help wanted, bike for sale) may be directed to the Classified section of the website as deemed appropriate by the email moderators. Having a separate “Catch-All” list for these items allows members to choose whether they want to receive communications on such tangential topics.
General Club Email:
Just email your message to this one simple address: email@example.com
PLEASE USE IT ONLY FOR EMAILS INTENDED FOR THE WHOLE CLUB.
Just email your message to one of:NOTE: You must be a member to submit emails; the system confirms that the sender address is in our database of member addresses.
Go to My Profile and select "Unsubscribe" under Message Delivery.
Several Club members have indicated they recently stopped receiving emails from the Club's email network, particularly AOL email addresses.
If all of the above are correct, then please be aware that we have troubleshot several of the problems and concluded that several Internet Service Providers (ISPs), notably AOL, are blocking emails from the Club, perhaps as part of their spam reduction initiatives.
Please take the topic up with your ISP (AOL or other) to determine how you can get email from the Club's dispatch through their new spam screening systems (e.g. lowering your Junk Mail Filter level). If you any further problems or questions, please contact Paul Hekimian with your problem (please be specific and include a description of your problem, the email address that is failing, and when the problem started).
In the interim, it may work for you to simply replace your current email address on record with an alternative email address (e.g. your work address or get a yahoo, gmail or hotmail address). This has worked for many users. And utilize the email archives to view recent emails.
Sorry for any inconveniences.