Why Join the LA Tri Club?
Are you a triathlete, or interested in becoming one? Whether you are an experienced triathlete, or are new to the triathlon scene, the LA Tri Club offers many benefits offered to members of ALL AGES and ALL ABILITIES.
- Amazing networkingwebsite - to keep you connected to one of the largest and most activetriathlon communities on the globe
- Email network - what better way to learn about the sport than tapping into the collective knowledge of our over-1,800+ members?
- Clinic Series - to get you ready foralldistances of race, from newbie topro
- Sponsor Discounts - at various triathlon related stores and service providers in the LA region can easily offset the cost of joining the LA Tri Club
- Race Discounts - events include triathlons, running races, cycling races and adventure races
- Social events - Club Meetings that include speakers, raffles (where members stand to win very high-end gear, from sunglasses to carbon fiber handlebars or forks, for example); monthly "First Thursday" happy hours provide an opportunity to mingle with members in a sweat-free environment!
- Race Rewards Program - opportunity to win sponsor goods and services at the end of the season by participating in select races wearing LA Tri Club gear
- Podium Program - opportunity to win sponsor money for landing on the podium wearing LA Tri Club gear
- Free "schwag" - or SWAG (Stuff We All Get)-goodies provided by sponsors and LATC, including:race belts, hats, tee shirts, PowerBars, PowerGels, and more are given out throughout the year at club meetings, races, and social events,
- Opportunity to be part of a team - Members who race in the LA Tri Club uniform are never alone on race day. You'll hear spectators yell "GO LA" as you run by in your LA Tri Club uniform...this kind of moral support can really be helpful when you're struggling to make the finish line!
In addition to the discounts, free stuff, knowledge, and social opportunities, arguably the most valuable aspect of the Club is the many group training opportunities. The LA Tri Club's training calendar is chock full of swimming, biking, and running opportunities to participate in with other members.
We have member-organized rides for beginners, intermediate and advanced triathletes, however many members tap into our extensive network of triathletes and train outside of the "formal" training activities on the calendar. One great benefit of the LA Tri Club is that we provide the infrastructure whereby you can meet someone of a similar athletic level who lives in your location. Need a training partner? Just shoot an email to the membership through the Club's email network, and you're sure to find someone who lives nearby.
Take a look at our website, browse some of the photos and see some of what we have to offer. To the extent that you're looking to compete in triathlon, a membership in the LA Tri Club will make that experience all the more fun!
LA Tri Club Accomplishments
The LA Tri Club is proud of the accomplishments of our members. Following are just some of the accomplishments that make up the LA Tri Club's "Hall of Fame!"
- Desert Triathlon Champions-2010, 2008
- USAT Regional Club Champions-2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000
- Wildflower Club Champions-2011,2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001
- USAT National Club Champions-2008
- UTI World Triathlon - 2012, 2013
Still not convinced? You can direct all membership-related questions to Deb CarabetOr, just sign up today. See you at the races!