The Race Rewards derby is open to all members and you do not have to podium to win. To participate in the Race Rewards, you will need to race in and complete at least five (5) qualifying races in the LA Tri Club kit/uniform, and your name will be entered once in the random drawing for great sponsor products to be awarded to fifteen (15) members at the YEP (Year End Party). Those members who race in and complete seven (7) or eight (8) races get their entered twice and those who race nine (9) will have their name entered three times. Only one prize per member – If drawn, please be present at the YEP to claim your prize.
Our 2015 Race Rewards selected races are:
All ironman distance races worldwide
All 70.3 races worldwide
Desert Triathlon (both distances)
LA Tri Series, Event #1, (Bonelli)
LA Tri Series, Event #2, (Bonelli)
LA Tri Series, Event #3, (Bonelli)
All USAT/ITU/WTC Championships Triathlon (age group, club, collegiate, long, short)
Wildflower Long Course*
LA Tri Series (Bonelli), Event 2
Redondo Beach Tri
Breath of Life Olympic Triathlon
Breath of Life Sprint Triathlon
Grand Fondo Beverly Hills **
LATC's Coast to Coast Swim Challenge (60minute minimum)**
Santa Barbara Triathlon - Long
Santa Barbara Triathlon - Coed
& Women's Only Sprint
San Diego Classic (benefitting
Malibu International Triathlon
Malibu Classic Triathlon
Hermosa Beach Triathlon, Day at
the Beach Tri
**These events are part of the
Triple Crown Challenge
TRIPLE CROWN RACES (denoted with ** above)
LATC's Coast to Coast Swim Challenge (minimum of 60-minutes in the pool).
Grand Fondo Beverly Hills
Those Race Rewards races denoted with an (**) above are part of the Triple Crown Derby. Those members who race and complete one (1) of the running race, The LA Marathon, LA Tri Club's Coast to Coast Swim Challenge and the Grand Fondo Beverly Hills, will receive a sponsor provided prize that will be awarded at the YEP (Year End Party). You must be present at the YEP to claim your prize (winnings will not be mailed).
Also, be aware, if you participate in and complete the Ironman World Championship, Kona and you wear the LA Tri Club kit, you will receive a $250 bonus -- even if you do not end up on the podium! The Kit (top & bottoms) must be worn for both the bike and run.Your claim needs to be filed by submitting a completed Podium Program Claim Form (http://www.latriclub.com/racing/podium_form.php)
no later than 30 days from the date of the race.
Update your race plans now to let other members know the races you plan this year. As the season progresses and you have completed a race be sure to update your race If you have any questions, please e-mail Liz Hamm.
Of course, there are a few rules:
- You must be a registered, paid up, bonafide member of the LA Tri Club WHEN YOU DO THE RACE! Races run before your membership are not eligible retroactively.
- All races must be run in LA Tri Club gear. You don't have to be head to toe but you must have a jersey/jacket/singlet or shorts. Something to let the world know you are down with the red, white and blue. A hat is not enough.
- If a claim is found to be false, membership will be revoked.
- You must race the race IN YOUR OWN NAME. Relays do not count.
- You must enter as a member of LA Tri Club when the race allows you to do so. Some races don't have a club selection or a club championship, but if they do, you must enter as an LATC member.
- You are responsible for inputting completed races into the derby page on our website. We'll verify at the end of the season but it’s up to you to track your progress
- 5 completed races gets you entered once into the drawing, 7 completed races gets you in twice and 9 or more gets you in three times.
- As we said, all races count as *one* except M-Dot Ironman races that count as *two*
- You have to complete the race. Just entering isn't enough!
- If you don't like the list of races or these rules, you are encouraged to take up lawn bowling.
How did we select the races? The major criteria:
- Timing- races spread out from March through October.
- LATC Club-Select Races are included in this list.
- Ability- Anyone from newbies to pros can all have an opportunity to qualify.
- Discounts- many if not most of the races will give entry-discounts to LA Tri Club members.
- USAT- Most of the races are USAT certified. Those that aren't usually hold themselves to high standards of quality and safety.
- National/international prominence- races that aren't local are high caliber USAT/ITU championship events or M-Dot Ironman races
We reserve the right to add (or remove) races. If you would like your favorite event to be a Race Rewards event, please contact us.
On behalf of our 2015 Sponsors and the Advisory Board, we wish a very successful racing year!